In the event that you and your household have been the victims of a residence fire, it’s imperative to start restoration activities the moment possible, so as to really get your sense of safety and security back. Here are 10 tips about what direction to go after having a fire:
1) Call your insurance company and inform them of the fire. They’ll likely send an adjuster to survey the damage and guide you through the method of submitting a claim.
2) Call a Fire Restoration company. Empresas de Limpieza despues de un incendio Your insurance agent should have the ability to recommend someone reputable. A fire restoration company can professionally restore your property, including furniture, walls, roof, duct work, etc. They’ve the information and the expertise of knowing which process will work with each damaged item. No matter how handy you may be thinking you are, self-restoration can make things worse.
3) Locate all important documents and put them in a secure place. Locate insurance papers, birth certificates, health information, etc. Put them in a secure location in your home, where you could access them easily.
4) Take inventory of what’s been damaged, what’s not. There could be varying examples of damage – smoke, fire and water. Make a listing of what’s been damaged; your insurance company will require this. When you can, locate the receipts for every item.
5) Change your furnace filter at least one time a day for the very first number of weeks, until visible soot is gone from the filters.
6) Open your windows. This can help remove smoke and fire odors and ventilate your home. It will even help dry things out.
7) Cover all non-damaged furniture with a plastic cover; or consider moving them into storage until your property is fully restored.
8) Wash your clothes using your regular washer. This really is usually all that’s needed with clothes that not require dry-cleaning for regular care. Consider hanging them outside in place of using your dryer.
9) Dry your carpets using fans and de-humidifiers. When you can, put them outside and lay them in sunlight to dry. The longer your carpets stay wet, the more possibility of mold and mildew setting in.
10) Discard all food and drinks which have been confronted with fire, smoke or water. They’re no further safe for consumption, including canned food. Don’t refreeze any food that has thawed.
A fire restoration company can help make the method easier by guiding you each step of the way, and using their expertise to clear your property of damage due to smoke, fire and water. Count in it to really get your home back to normal.